Thimble Island Brewing Company is a well-established and rapidly growing craft brewery located in Branford, CT.
Our motto is simple: work hard, enjoy what you do, and make great beer.
Our success is built on the talent, hard work and dedication of our employees who joined us in our dream of making quality products in a great work environment.
Job Description & Duties
• Develop recipes, submit all required information on all brands, and provide beer names and draft descriptions according to Thimble Island procedures.
• Ensure all brewing areas and all brewery equipment including tanks, mill, counters, equipment, sinks, supplies, shelving, storage areas, brewhouse, tanks, wall, floors, drains, centrifuge, fermenters, brite tanks, keg washer, etc. are clean.
• Brewing beer in accordance of production schedule and beer forecast. This includes but is not limited to milling, mashing, lautering, boiling, and whirlpooling processes and assisting in the removal of brewing by-products.
• Assist with monitoring quality and temperature of fermenting beers on a daily basis. Monitor sugar decrease, take level readings, and monitor pressure build up on the fermenters and brite tanks.
• Assist with the transfer of beer from fermenters, as soon as ready and instructed via the production schedule and beer forecast, to brite tanks via centrifuge or direct transfer practices, as well as maintaining all related paperwork.
• Monitor flavor, quality, and carbonation of serving beers in the tap room, packaging, and throughout brewing process.
• Supervise and assist with monitoring carbonation levels in brite tanks and test for volumes of CO2, ensuring all related paperwork is kept up to date and fully filled out.
• Be responsible for maintaining all required paperwork and records including but not limited to brew logs, inventory sheets, packaging records, recipe sheets, fermentation logs, etc.
• Monitor and maintain inventory of brewing of brewing and safety supplies for daily operations. Submit purchase requests as necessary.
• Meet with management each week to compare inventory of finished goods.
• Assist in the assembly and fulfillment of orders to customers Research and implement industry trends and compliance initiatives to evolve the brewery operations standards.
• Monitor and continuously improve brewing operations with regards to efficiency, cost reduction, and profitability.
• Other tasks as requested by your manager.
Knowledge and Skill
• The position requires knowledge of all aspects of brewery operations, including: raw materials, yeast management, quality control procedures, microbiological testing, fermentation science, filtration, and packaging.
• Strong communication and administration skills to interact with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional manner.
• Must possess superior organizational skills.
• Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast-paced work environment.
• Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to gather and summarize data, find solutions to various problems.
• Good understanding of quality assurance/quality control, and problem-solving skills and to troubleshoot any beer related issues
• Forklift certified a plus.
The work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following detailed safety precautions (such as wearing respirators, handling hazardous materials and working with industrial machinery). While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside environmental conditions, extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, and moving machinery.
Physical Efforts Required.
This position requires frequent standing, bending/stooping, lifting weights from ten to fifty pounds or more and carry weights from fifty to one-hundred-fifty plus pounds or more.
• Professional brewing experience. Education in brewing a plus
• Minimum of 3 years brewing experience in the craft beer industry
• Hourly + Bonus
• Paid Time Off (PTO) + Company Holidays
• Benefits – Health, Vision & Dental
Craft Beer Sales Representative – Connecticut
Job Description & Duties
Service customers by selling products and meeting customer needs
Submit orders into our ordering system and maintain records of accounts
Service existing accounts, obtain orders and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets
Work with management on sales strategies, changes in products and awareness of competitive developments
Resolve customer complaints and concerns
Maintains awareness of brands and styles of beers in the Industry
Attend events as a company representative, often on nights or weekends
Knows the basic story of company’s history
Understand company quality standards and standards of conduct while representing our brand
Understand all legal restrictions regarding products and procedures and ensure that all initiatives are executed within those limitations
Maintain a regular schedule of appointments with accounts in assigned area.
Effective accounts receivable collections within company policy
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary
Minimum 3 years of experience as a sales representative with a distributor in the beer, wine or spirits industry
Ability to work independently - self motivated
Customer Service, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Client Relationships, Communication Skills, Motivation for Sales
Educated in the craft beer market
Enjoys sampling craft beer
General computer skills
Must possess a valid and “clean” driver’s license (and personal means of transportation, for use each day)
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year + Commission
Sales: 3 years
High school or equivalent